INN CURRENT and inn STABLE issues

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sun Dec 19 22:22:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 01:13:15PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:
>
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the INN lists.  ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
>
> I wonder what header your system wants included before sys/mount.h.
>
> > clientlib.c: In function `getserverbyfile':=0D
> > clientlib.c:27: warning: implicit declaration of function `strlcpy'
>
> Where does your system prototype strlcpy and strlcat?
>
> > buffindexed/shmem.c: In function `smcCreateSemaphore':
> > buffindexed/shmem.c:62: incompatible type for argument 4 of `semctl'
>
> What is the prototype for semctl on your system?

We are talking BSD/OS 4.3 so

strlcpy is found in string.h

and semctl has 3 parameters.

All right BSD/OS is not dead.  Chris Coleman is spreading a grass roots
movement to keep BSD/OS alive.  You can contact Chris at 1-866-BSD-MALL or
e-mail him at chrisc at daemonnews.org .

He requires a BSD/OS 4.3.1 source tree and the following:

From: Chris Coleman <chrisc at daemonnews.org>
Subject: Re: BSD/OS

1) Making a Grass roots supported CVS tree availble to people who already
source licenses.

2) People who wanted to be come committer would have to renew their source
license or buy a new source license if they had a binary license.
Still have to earn a commit bit, read only access will be available to
anyone who purchases a source license.

3) Probably contributed packages project that you need at least a binary
license to use and contribute to.

So that is where we lie.

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Merry Christmas 2004 and Happy New Year 2005