INN CURRENT and inn STABLE issues

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 20 00:00:37 UTC 2004

The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 01:13:15PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>>> clientlib.c: In function `getserverbyfile':
>>> clientlib.c:27: warning: implicit declaration of function `strlcpy'

>> Where does your system prototype strlcpy and strlcat?

> We are talking BSD/OS 4.3 so

> strlcpy is found in string.h

Well, clientlib.c does include string.h by way of clibrary.h.  Can you
figure out why it still didn't get a prototype for strlcpy?  I may be able
to find some way of fixing that.

>>> buffindexed/shmem.c: In function `smcCreateSemaphore':
>>> buffindexed/shmem.c:62: incompatible type for argument 4 of `semctl'

> and semctl has 3 parameters.

Er... apparently not, since it's complaining that the fourth argument is
wrong.  :)  The prototype for semctl on Linux is:

    int semctl(int semid, int semnum, int cmd, ...);

so the fourth and subsequent arguments are treated as variable depending
on what the command is.  It looks like the behavior that BSD/OS expects is
what shmem.c tries to probe for with the SEMCTL_NEEDS_UNION #define, but
there's no corresponding configure test for this.  I think we could fix
this up with the right configure test.  It looks like FreeBSD has the same
issue, so I'll try to take a look at this since I have easy access to a
FreeBSD system.