mail-news gw + message delete

Krisztian VASAS iron at ironiq.hu
Fri Feb 6 22:54:26 UTC 2004

Hello all!

I'd like to make a news frontend for some mailing lists. I've configured
the inn2 (2.4.1). But I've got 2 problems:

1. Anyone can delete a message on the server. How can I turn this off?

2. I wanted to configure the mail2news gw (the opposite works), but
doesn't work.
The background: there are several maillists, but I don't want to create
many users, just only one, which gets the mails and puts into the
newsgroup. The news server is read-only without password, but if someone
has got a username/password, the user can post messages.
And here is the problem: I couldn't post with mailpost (neither from
/etc/aliases nor from ~/.procmailrc), because posting is not allowed w/o
user/pass.

My readers.conf is:

### file begins ###
auth "special-user" {
        default: "<special-user>"
        auth: "/usr/lib/news/bin/auth/passwd/ckpasswd -f
/etc/news/pass.db"
}
access "special-user" {
        users: "*"
        post: "*"
        access: RP
        read: "*, !junk, !control*"
}

auth "read-only" {
        hosts: "*"
        default: "<read-only>"
}
access "read-only" {
        users: "<read-only>"
        read: "*, !junk, !control*"
}
### file ends ###

How can I solve this problem (this is more important, than the first)?

Many thanks...

IroNiQ
p.s.: sorry for my bad(?) english...
--