upgrading from inn 2.2.1 -> 2.4.1

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 19 17:09:42 UTC 2004

Jason <jason at monsterjam.org> writes:

> and still I have lots of "holes" in my newsgroups. i.e. the articles for
> a lot of the newsgroups are just plain missing.  I tried the makehistory
> -FOx afterwards but that still didnt help..

> any ideas or am i stuck at 2.2.1?

Note that the INN FAQ specifically recommends not upgrading this way and
instead using the little script in the FAQ and innxmit to feed all of the
articles to the new server over protocol.  That gets overview fully
correct more often.

That being said, I'm guessing the problem may be that you don't have Xref
headers in all of your articles (perhaps you were originally running a
very old version of INN?).  Do the articles that don't show up not have
any Xref headers in them?