upgrading from inn 2.2.1 -> 2.4.1

Jason jason at monsterjam.org
Mon Jul 19 18:19:57 UTC 2004

I dont believe the old articles on the 2.2.1 server have that Xref header.

> Note that the INN FAQ specifically recommends not upgrading this way and
> instead using the little script in the FAQ and innxmit to feed all of the
> articles to the new server over protocol.  That gets overview fully
> correct more often.

ok, so ive wiped out my install again.
did make install from 2.4.1 dir. (into /local/news)
now what minimal setup do I need on the new server to get the newsgroups/articles over?

the innxmit just copies over articles, it doesnt set up the newsgroups themselves,
right?
I have the incomming.conf set to accept from the old server.
I have the readers.conf set up to allow access for my readers.
what file(s) should I copy over from the old server? before trying the innxmit?

thanks/regards,
Jason