Test results on AIX

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 3 08:16:41 UTC 2004

Forrest J Cavalier <mibsoft at epix.net> writes:

>> I've now fixed the test suite to skip this test if the system doesn't
>> know about that time zone.

> Does it make sense to split out the tests which fail into separate
> reports?

> The "expect 6 shift/reduce conflicts" message probably
> saves a very large amount of support email.

> Does it makes sense to do something similar?
> "Expect 1/1 fails in AIX see note at aixnotes.pod"

Yeah, this would be a good idea if we had tests that we expected to fail
on a particular platform for a long period of time and we couldn't just
skip them somehow.  I haven't run across any of those yet.

The ones that are currently failing in my AIX report are actually because
of AFS and will fail for anyone running the test suite out of AFS.  I'm
pondering whether I can just fix that, actually, since archive could also
use the same code to do relative symlinks.