UUDecoding on the FLy?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jun 23 17:58:16 UTC 2004

Kai Henningsen wrote:

> I have something like that set up for INN 1.7something:
>
> newsfeeds:
> DbFeed\
>         :*\
>         :Tx,Wf,B40960/0:/somewhere/dbfeed.pl

Looks as if this assumes that you have the articles in individual files,
which may or may not be practical in a given group.

Another problem with this is that I see a LOT of posts which uudeview
can't handle, probably generated by non-standard yENC implementations.
That's not related to your solution, of course.

I have an offline approach, pulling the articles from nnrpd and piping
them into uudeview. Doesn't address the decoding problem, of course, but
it's portable to non-INN systems.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen at tmr.com)