Automatic addition of groups?

Dayton Jones dayton.jones at tko-software.com
Fri Mar 5 20:04:13 UTC 2004

I'm trying to create a cgi that will allow users the ability to create =
their own groups.  This is an internal only server for company use.

Basically, I created a form that allows input of a name, then the cgi =
runs `/usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd newgroup <group>`;

The group doesn't get created, instead I get an error in =
/var/log/http/error_log (RH9, perl 5.8.0, apache 2.0.40-21) that says:
"standard in must be a tty"

If I have the cgi write the command to a file, then run the file by =
hand, it works fine - I just can't get the cgi itself to create the =
group. =20

What am I missing?