innfeed support for POST?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 11 21:47:02 UTC 2004

Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Mark Hittinger wrote:
>
>>>Has anyone patched innfeed to support POST method? If not, how much work
>>>would it be to add POST suport to innfeed?
>>
>>It might make more sense to do this with innxmit if the number of posts to
>>be made is small.
>

> ... and if it's large?

Unless latency is a big issue, if it's large so be it, use innxmit.
Pushing any large number of posts through POST is going to take more
server resources than doing it as a peer. And whoever operates the
server may well resent it if you POST tens of thousands of times a day.

Just my take, and I have my post filter set to limit the number of
streams and get seriously slow if you post a lot.

		-bill