groups marked as 'j' in active still propagated. Why?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 18 22:20:44 UTC 2004

Ilya Varlashkin wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've marked some groups on my feeder hosts as 'j' in the active file.
> On the reader host I've deleted these groups from the active file.
>
> Feeder has !junk towards reader, but still I see 'Unwanted group..."
> messages on the reader. If after seeing such message I find it by
> message-id on the feeder, I see that it was sent only to that newsgroup,
> so propagation was not due to cross-post.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You want to go in the innfeeds file and mark the group as unwanted.
Storing it in the junk group won't help. You could also mark it as 'x'
instead of 'j', but what you really want is "@bad.group" in either the
feed for your whole site to rejct at the door, or in the feed for the
site which doesn't want the articles.