inn 2.4.1 corrupt active file

Bruce Rodger Bruce.Rodger at strath.ac.uk
Sun Mar 28 18:38:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Russ Allbery wrote:

> If so, the most likely problem is that you've got bad memory in that
> system, with a distant second possibility of a bad disk.  I'm pretty sure

Spot on, both times!

Looks like the problem is bad memory in the disk array!

The cycbuffs and the partition which holds the active, history etc files,
live on a Sun 3510 array, which has started logging memory errors.

the history file was displaying similar corruption.

Bruce.

--
Bruce Rodger                      |Bruce.Rodger at strath.ac.uk  PGP key available
Network Manager, IT Services      |http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/People/bruce.html