groups marked as 'j' in active still propagated. Why?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Mar 29 21:29:45 UTC 2004

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> In article <20040320130205.GA60243 at CITADEL.NOBULUS.COM>,
> 	Ilya Varlashkin <ilya at samara.net> wrote;
>
> } Sorry, it's probably silly question, but what is then purpose of 'j'
> } groups? I read in active man page that:
>
> innd uses this as if this group does not exist.
> Namely, rest of newsgroups that don't have 'j'
> are used for newsfeeds.  So, it doesn't mean
> article will be stored into junk explicitly.

??? I don't have anything marked 'j' currently configured, but I would
swear that those articles wind up in the junk newsgroup. I even have an
old config file which had a cycbuff for that group, although the server
is long gone so I can't look to see if anything actually went there.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen at tmr.com)