The authprogs/smbval code

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon May 17 03:38:09 UTC 2004

All of INN in CURRENT is now free of strcpy except for the SMB
authentication code, and I think I've finally hit my threshold on that.
It's pretty much unmaintainable as is, and because it's heavily modified
from another source, there's really no way that we can fix it if Windows
breaks it.

I think we'd be better off just deleting this code in CURRENT for the 2.5
release and instead recommending that people just use pam_smb and ckpasswd
with PAM support.

Are there any objections?