Tcl code removed (was: 2.4.1 install stuck --- any help/ ideas ...)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon May 17 04:07:04 UTC 2004

> Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

>> There's no chance of that code working with current INN, right?  Can we
>> put a caveat in INSTALL and/or `./configure --help` so that
>> unsuspecting people don't compile it in thinking "well, why not?"?

> I was going to propose just ripping it all out.  Does anyone think we
> should keep it?

As I've been threatening to do for a while, I've disabled Tcl in STABLE
(you would have to define DO_TCL by hand to compile it in) and removed it
completely from CURRENT.

It can be resurrected if it ever acquires a champion, although I expect it
may be easier to start from scratch (and definitely will be once I get a
chance to redo the filtering API).