Thanks to all .....RE: 2.4.1 install -- Next set of problems ...

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri May 21 19:49:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Wilson, Sue LCC wrote:

> I see these entries in the logs   .. any Ideas ???
> It looks like is is trying to give us something

All the lines with "innfeed" in them are messages about your server
feeding articles outbound, so you can ignore those as irrelevant to your
problem.

> news.old:May 20 18:20:36.588 + not-for-mail
> <c8istk$puk$1 at nntp.usace.army.mil> 839 newsfeed-west.sprintlink.net

And this line just indicates that an article posted by a user to your
server has been listed for feeding outbound.

So none of those log entries are helpful.  You may want to take a better
look at news.notice to see if the peer is connecting with a different
server name (which grep wouldn't know about), but otherwise it seems
likely that your peer has stopped feeding you.  Can you email them and ask
if there are any errors on their end?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org