Test results on AIX

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 22 12:09:50 UTC 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Since it came up and I actually do have access to an AIX 4.3 system, here
> are the failing tests on AIX 4.3.
>
> Failed Set                 Fail/Total (%) Skip Stat  Failing Tests
> -------------------------- -------------- ---- ----  ------------------------
> lib/date                      1/94     1%    0    0  17
> storage/archive               2/17    12%    0    0  5, 12
> storage/sm                    2/23     9%    0    0  7, 16
>
> Failed 5/2079 tests, 99.76% okay.
> Files=41,  Tests=2079,  18.24 seconds (0.84 usr + 3.99 sys = 4.83 CPU)
>
> The storage/archive and storage/sm failures are because the symlink code
> in tradspool can't handle relative paths to the article spool and the
> tests are configured using relative paths.  This could probably be fixed,
> but it's not that high on my list.  You won't see these errors on systems
> that support hard links; I use AFS, which only supports hard links inside
> a directory.

Given that people do have to use symlinks when they have various
hierarchies on separate filesystems, I suppose at some time this will
have to be addressed. I'm not sure what you meant by "support hard
links" here, none of the systems I use will do hard links across
filesystems, and from sad experience I know that lots of servers have to
add space in a new filesystem when news is larger than predicted.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen at tmr.com)