Test results on AIX

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat May 22 23:16:28 UTC 2004

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> The storage/archive and storage/sm failures are because the symlink
>> code in tradspool can't handle relative paths to the article spool and
>> the tests are configured using relative paths.  This could probably be
>> fixed, but it's not that high on my list.  You won't see these errors
>> on systems that support hard links; I use AFS, which only supports hard
>> links inside a directory.

> Given that people do have to use symlinks when they have various
> hierarchies on separate filesystems, I suppose at some time this will
> have to be addressed.

With a relative path to the spool in inn.conf?  When's the last time
you've configured a server with relative paths in inn.conf?  :)

> I'm not sure what you meant by "support hard links" here, none of the
> systems I use will do hard links across filesystems, and from sad
> experience I know that lots of servers have to add space in a new
> filesystem when news is larger than predicted.

I'm talking purely about the test suite, which normally won't cross file
systems (at some point, I'll probably have to add some option to force
symlinks just so that we can explicitly test that code, but right now we
don't really have that much in the way of real storage method testing.