Mailpost and crosspost

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat May 22 17:37:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Mailing Manager wrote:

> alias1:    /path/mailpost -c 1 local.group1
> alias2:    '            ' -c 2 local.group2
>

> Well, when i send to alias1,alias2 only the first is accepted.
> I misunderstand the -c option?

I think so.  The above only will work if both copies of the email arrive
and are passed to mailpost within a matter of 1 second (or 2 seconds if
alias2 arrives first).  Try passing something like 60 or even 300
depending on how much latency there is in your mail server.

I've updated the documentation to reflect this better in the future.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org