Mailpost and crosspost

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon May 24 21:29:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Mailing Manager wrote:

> May 24 22:51:48 venere postfix/pipe[27736]: 1265E14D: to=<operativo at it.lmt>,relay=vscan, delay=37, status=sent (venere.lastminutetour.com)
> May 24 22:51:48 venere postfix/pipe[27736]: 1265E14D: to=<posta at it.lmt>,relay=vscan, delay=37, status=sent (venere.lastminutetour.com)
> May 24 22:51:48 venere postfix/qmgr[27665]: 9289A15C: from=<mike at lmt.it>,size=553, nrcpt=2 (queue active)
> May 24 22:55:09 venere postfix/local[27742]: 9289A15C: to=<operativo at it.lmt>, relay=local, delay=201, status=sent ("|/usr/local/news/bin/mailpost -c 200 lmt.operativo")
> May 24 22:58:30 venere postfix/local[27742]: 9289A15C: to=<posta at it.lmt>,relay=local, delay=402, status=sent ("|/usr/local/news/bin/mailpost -c 200 lmt.posta")
> May 24 22:58:30 venere postfix/cleanup[27931]: 72280173: reject: header Subject: mailpost failure (lmt.posta): inews failed: inews: cannot send article to server: 441 435 Duplicate: Illegal seek inews: article not posted?     ;from=<nobody at lastminutetour.com> to=<usenet at lastminutetour.com>: NO SPAM

Thanks for finding the right logs.

That's really interesting.  It's looking to me like perhaps Postfix blocks
on processing other recipients until the program spawned via "pipe"
returns.

I unfortunately don't know anything about Postfix, but if you find an
appropriate Postfix forum and ask them how to get two copies of mailpost
spawned near-simultaneously for multiple recipients of the same message,
hopefully someone will be able to help you.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org