Bad date header => weird inews error message

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Thu Nov 11 23:08:16 UTC 2004

Hi,

when I post the attached message with "inews -h <message_file>", I get
the following error message:

inews: cannot send article to server: 441 Can't parse "Date" header: \
No such file or directory
inews: article not posted

I understand that the date header is bad.  But I can't answer the
following questions:

* Why does inews need to parse the date header?  I.e. why doesn't it
  just put the message on the news server as is (after adding a path
  and some other headers)?

* What may be the reason for the message "No such file of directory"?
  (FWIW, there's plenty of free disk space.)

Please help me find an answer to these questions.

Felix

The message: