Bad date header => weird inews error message

Adam Wysocki gophi at apcoh.org
Thu Nov 11 23:34:22 UTC 2004

12.11.04 felix.klee at inka.de napisa³:
> * Why does inews need to parse the date header?  I.e. why doesn't it
>   just put the message on the news server as is (after adding a path
>   and some other headers)?

It seems to be a problem with nnrpd's ProcessHeaders() function, which
calls parsedate() from lib/parsedate.c. Try running nnrpd from a command
line and posting something by hand. If the problem still occurs, try
running strace on nnrpd.

> * What may be the reason for the message "No such file of directory"?
>   (FWIW, there's plenty of free disk space.)

Probably absence of some zoneinfo files in /etc.

--
Adam Wysocki * http://www.gophi.apcoh.org/ * GG 1234 * GSM 508878856