INN configuration

Mahmoud Al Gammal mahmoudfg at gawab.com
Sun Nov 21 11:05:50 UTC 2004

Hi everybody...
I'm trying to configure INN and I've been reading all sorts of
documentation for hours now, but I haven't yet succeeded in getting it
up & running.

I want to use INN for local groups only. People will access the server
from its LAN as well external networks. Currently I'm not able to
access it even from the LAN, I always get: 502 You have no permission
to talk.  Goodbye. I can only access it by tlenet'ting to
127.0.0.1:119.

I have readers.conf configured like this:

auth "LAN" {
    hosts: "192.168.1.0/24"
    default: "<LAN>"
}

# Grant that specific identity access to read and post to any newsgroup
# and allow it to post articles with Approved: headers to moderated
# groups.

access "LAN" {
    users: "<LAN>"
    newsgroups: "*"