./configure and large file support

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Nov 17 02:39:12 UTC 2004

I just tried to build INN from CVS for the first time in a while (this
is linux 2.4 / gentoo).  I was building with `make warnings` and got:

gcc -g -O -DDEBUG=1 -Wall -W -Wendif-labels -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Werror -g -O2 -I../include  -c
dbz.cdbz.c: In function `putconf':dbz.c:1211: warning: implicit
declaration of function `fseeko'

Carefully diagnosis with the help of Nathan here reveals that
./configure looks for fseeko and ftello in all cases, but glibc stdio.h
only provides prototypes for those functions when USE_LARGEFILE is
defined.

Russ, I haven't a clue how best to fix this.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org