Perl access hook

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Oct 13 14:13:45 UTC 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Justin Harrison wrote:

>> I just did a quick test of this and it seemed to work the way
>> we both expect (when viewed by telnet to port 119).  I'm not
>> sure what's going on now.  The behavior you're seeing
>> shouldn't be newsreader-dependent, but if you have an
>> alternate newsreader around can you check with that?
>
> Happens with Agent and Outlook Express. Watching the connection via a
> packet
> sniffer shows the newsgroup isn't sent...

I tested with the following script:

     #!/usr/bin/perl -w
     use strict;

     sub access {
        my %return_hash = (
           "read" => "news.groups,news.announce.newgroups",
           "post" => "news.groups",
        );
        return %return_hash;
     }

And it showed both groups in the group list.  Can you try something as
simple as this just to be sure?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org