Perl access hook

Justin Harrison inn at astyrrian.com
Wed Oct 13 13:44:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

Happens with Agent and Outlook Express. Watching the connection via a packet
sniffer shows the newsgroup isn't sent...

> > I've resorted to returning:
> >
> > Read: !*
> > Post: !*
> >
> > Then the clients seem to authenticate...I couldn't find
> many details
> > on how or why that works.
>
> I'm actually a little surprised it does, without the clients
> having an Always Send Authentication Information type setting
> enabled, but as long as it works for you...
Yeah - I was bewildered when it wasn't working - then I added some extra
logging and realized the username was <unauthenticated> and that my code was
ignoring unauthenticated users..