Make old articles reappear in recreated NG

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Oct 17 22:57:07 UTC 2004

On Oct 17, 2004, at 9:02 AM, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> when I delete a NG and later recreate it, the old articles do not
> reappear.  Furthermore leftover old articles in the spool directory
> block posting of new articles.

Yes, this is a known behavior of the tradspool storage method.

> To make the old articles reappear (I prefer not to delete them),

In that case, why are you deleting the group in the first place?
Perhaps you'd be better served by using readers.conf to hide the group
for readers?  But anyway...

> Now my question: Do I really need to recreate the entire overview
> database to make the messages reappear?  Isn't there a simpler,
> quicker,
> or more elegant way?

In recent versions of INN, you can use tdx-util to rebuild the overview
for a single group.  This should serve you well.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org