INN Question

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Oct 18 22:06:31 UTC 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 11:30 AM, IShor at ap.org wrote:

> Please see my replies in bold :

Whatever client you're using doesn't seem to play well with the rest of
the email world.  But I can deduce which are your replies anyway :-)

> That was it . The flags that we're passing to INND was  just 60 max
> clients
> connections per 30 sec interval that  I increased  to 128 (the max INN
> can
> handle ) .

Well, if you want a higher number, you could decrease the -X instead.
After all, 128 connections per 5 seconds is a lot more than 128
connections per 30 seconds.

But I don't understand why you're using these flags at all.  The
documentation says this:  "You probably should not use these options
unless you're having problems."  So rather than trying to make the
maximum higher and higher, why not just stop using those flags
entirely?

> We're running pretty old version here which is 2.1.9_7

That doesn't look much like an INN version number.  Try telnet to port
119 of the server and seeing what the welcome banner says, to get the
actual version.

> Do you know if the newer version will support more than 128 ?

I don't think that has changed at all recently.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org