Accounting with INN

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 20 12:17:53 UTC 2004

Peter Schade wrote...

(...)

As you probably mistaken my private and the list's address I'll answer
here.

nnrpd itself writes to syslog
|     syslog(L_NOTICE, "%s artstats get %ld time %ld size %ld", ClientHost,
| 	ARTget, ARTgettime, ARTgetsize);
[ nnrpd.c ]

and it is probably a bad idea to mess that code in order to get that
information for other destinations like a database.

Instead I'd extract these lines outside of INN - syslog-ng has a lot of
interesting features like filters and pipes and it should not take that
much effort to write a script that extracts the numbers you're
interested in and to forward them to an accounting server in the format
it wants to receive them.

    Christoph