tinyleaf miniature transit news server

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Sat Apr 16 21:55:52 UTC 2005

Russ Allbery wrote...

> As previously discussed on the list some time ago, I've added tinyleaf to
> the INN distribution.  This is a minimal transit news server that
> essentially runs a single channel feed and is useful for processing
> incoming messages with a script without needing to run a full-blown news
> server.

Hmmm, I almost forgot that although I have a need for it now. Some
remarks:

Is it possible to backport tinyleaf to 2.4.2? Besides fixing
innd/Makefile it appears that I'd also have to adjust lib/ for
nntp_read_command - is it realistic to succed or should I just forget
the idea?

Looking into the source: I'd drop (i.e. remove) every file that could
not be written successfully. Else this could leave incomplete files that
will cause some harm if they are feeded again. Deletion would also allow
re-transmission from the sender.

Finally, on my (Debian Linux) systems tinyleaf from yesterday's CURRENT
behaves quite ed'ish: Every command is answered "500 Unsupported
command". Perhaps I can find the reason for this on my own in the next
hours.

    Christoph