obtaining innfeed info

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 21 03:12:43 UTC 2005

Hi Jeff

At 17:30 -0400 2005-04-20, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
>On Apr 20, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Todd Olson wrote:
>
>> How would I go about finding out what interface innfeed is actually
>> sending data out on?
>> That is, how would I find out if innfeed is actually honoring the
>> bindaddress setting.
>
>Can you not use `netstat`?

Well, `netstat -a` is somewhat useful when the connection actually exists.

And perhaps there are better ways to use netstat ... I'm not very experienced with netstat.

But consider the case that innfeed is using an interface that is rejected by the peer.
Then the connection is very very short, and it is hard to catch it with netstat -a
to discover what is going on.

Thus I perceive a need for innfeed to be able to report what it is using
perhaps even in the innfeed.stat report

Regards,
Todd