Problem with history

Andy Hawkins a.hawkins at cabletime.com
Thu Dec 8 14:01:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Do they look really big, huh?
>
> 5:15pm image:db> du -h history*
> 1,5G    history
> 2,0K    history.dir
> 143M    history.hash
> 190M    history.index
> 5:15pm image:db>

I was referring to the size of the hash and index files in comparison with
the size of the 'history' file...the example I showed the history file was
zero length, but the hash and index files were 10s of megs...

> The lack of the free space on HDD? Does it still fail?

I've emptied my spool and am allowing it to repopulate. However, when it was
started to fail the disk space stats were:

/etc/news                                    803424 Kbytes available
(83.3%)
/var/lib/news                                 39660 Kbytes available
(15.9%)
/var/log/news                                 73328 Kbytes available
(37.0%)
/var/spool/news/articles                     154710 Kbytes available
(68.7%)
/var/spool/news/incoming                     154710 Kbytes available
(68.7%)
/var/spool/news/outgoing                     154710 Kbytes available
(68.7%)
/var/spool/news/overview                     154710 Kbytes available
(68.7%)

Since then, I've moved /var/lib/news to its own partition, with a size of
200 Meg.

Andy