nnrpdcheckart speedup possible?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 14 22:56:12 UTC 2005

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>> I thought you had plans to replace INN with a news server written in
>> Lisp?  Not that I'm complaining at all -- I like supporting Gmane --
>> but it sounded like an interesting project.  Is it still the plan, just
>> pushed farther out?

> I'm not sure.  I thought it was the plan, but I haven't done anything at
> all in that direction for well over a year, so it seems I may have
> scrapped the plan.  :-)

I'm curious in part because we're going through an endless series of
crappy web board software that doesn't integrate with anything around
here, and I really want to show them how messaging can be done, with
something that puts the same content out via NNTP, RSS, web boards,
e-mail lists, and IMAP.  And Gmane seems to mostly do what I want, except
for the authorization parts, so it's very tempting to look at it and think
about running a local instance....