authentification domains/realms/whatever

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at
Sun Mar 6 18:26:38 UTC 2005

Like many others I'm quite confused about both the possibilities of
readers.confs and the overloading of words like "domain" or "realm". So,
after failing to understand both the manpage and the sources:

I'd like to use different ways of authentification based on something
like a domain name in the user name of the AUTHINFO command.

For example:
"user at" -> check against radius using bin/auth/passwd/radius
"user"              -> ditto ("" is a default)

"user at" -> check against a plain text list

How can this be done with the least efforts? An example would be