SSL connection timeouts

Toon van der Pas toon at hout.vanvergehaald.nl
Sat Mar 26 00:21:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:01:45AM -0500, Bill Tangren wrote:

> Would you be willing to post what you have in your readers.conf? I
> am trying to set up in exactly the same way.
>
> but I have been unsuccessful so far, because the connection times
> out.  For me though, it times out when I try to get a list of
> messages in a group after I have subscribed. I can't get so far as
> trying to post a message.
>
> I wasn't aware that mozilla was having a problem with secure
> connections to inn 2.4.1. I will have to try with another type of
> client and see if I can make any progress that way.

Here you go:

auth "radius" {
	hosts: "*"
	auth: "radius -f /usr/local/news/etc/radius.conf"
	require_ssl: true
}

access "radius_users" {
	users: "*"
	newsgroups: "*"
	newsmaster: "newsmaster at hobby.nl"
	localtime: true
	clienttimeout: "1800"
}

access "failed_users" {
	reject_with: "You need to be correctly authenticated to use this server from outside Hobbynet en HCCnet."
	users: "<FAIL>@*"