problems with importing articles

Georg Kremsner georg.kremsner at gotchi.at
Mon May 9 12:53:20 UTC 2005

Hi!
I use INN 2.4.1 on a OpenBSD 3.6 GENERIC.

I want to import a spool from another news-server.
We both use tradspool, so I got the spool and the active file.
Then i erased my existing spool, after i had stopped inn and killed
every process referring to inn (innwatch, nnrpd,...)
Then i moved the spool (the one to import) to the place, where my spool
was.
After that i executed the following script we wrote:

#!/bin/ksh
/usr/local/news/bin/rc.news stop
zap -f nnrpd
rm -rf /mnt/sd1/news/spool/overview/*

cd /mnt/sd1/news/db
rm -rf history*
touch history
makedbz -i
sleep 10
mv history.n.dir history.dir
mv history.n.hash history.hash
mv history.n.index history.index
makehistory -O -e -I -F
sleep 10
/usr/local/news/bin/rc.news
sleep 10
ctlinnd renumber ""

When the makehistory-command runs it gives me a lot messages like:

makehistory: cannot write overview data
"@05000000000800002CF30000000000000000@"
makehistory: cannot write
overview data "@05000000000800002CF40000000000000000@"

I hope anyone can help me or give me a howto for importing messages.

thx in advance,
H4RR1S