readers.conf

Reinfried O. PETER Reinfried.O.Peter at TUGraz.at
Wed May 25 06:38:42 UTC 2005

Dear Jeffrey,

>> I have a very simple readers.conf, that is working well in most
>> cases, but it doesn't work for abusers, which I want to block.
>
> I don't think an auth block that doesn't assign an identity works the
> way you think it does.  You should either (1) have the "abusers" block
> contain "default: <ABUSERS>" and then include an access block at the
> end to trap them, or (2) modify your "all" block to have "hosts:
> *,!80.109.202.196".
>
> If you choose (1), you might like the reject_with parameter in recent
> versions of INN.

Thank you very much, the following readers.conf is working:

auth all {
    hosts: "*"
    default: <LOCAL>
}

access full {
    newsgroups: "*, !junk,!control,!control.*"
    access: RPAN
}

auth "abusers" {
    hosts: "[some IPs and domains]"
    default: <ABUSERS>
}
access "abusers" {
    users: <ABUSERS>
    newsgroups: "!*"
    reject_with: "your host or domain is not allowed here ..."
}

Regards
-pro-

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature