"cnfsstat -a" keeps me waiting...

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Oct 2 18:05:10 UTC 2005

On Oct 1, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Thomas Hühn wrote:

> "cnfsstat" gives me (I show just one of the classes):
>
> Class DE  for groups matching "de.*"
>  Buffer DE, size:  1.95 GBytes, position:   756 kBytes  0.00 cycles
>   Newest: 2005-10-01 23:18:27,    0 days,  0:01:18 ago
>
> But "cnfsstat -a" hangs at:
>
> Class DE  for groups matching "de.*"
>
> Do you have an idea whats going on? Do I have to have more articles in
> my
> buffers (I have very few right now)?

I think we've seen this before.  It's cnfsstat looking for the oldest
article in the buffer and not finding it, I believe.  There's
special-case code in cnfsstat to handle the case of a new,
partially-filled cycbuff, and I guess it's possible it has some sort of
bug.

Regardless, I expect it will correct itself eventually (once the buffer
fills up once, if not before), and it certainly doesn't mean that
there's anything broken about your cycbuffs themselves.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org