Validate history file contents.

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Wed Apr 26 13:52:39 UTC 2006

Hi !

On our text-only server we currently keep aprox 90 days of articles ... at the moment our history file size is aprox 6.1Gb with a
1.1Gb .index file. This seems a bit large to me? Since this server has 3Gb RAM it is getting troubles expiring ...

Is there any way to 'validate' the contents of the history file ... too see if it doesn't contain entries of articles that are no
longer on the spool ..... we have a /remember/ of 1 day, so that's not a viable method to decrease its size anymore .....

bye,
Chris