Validate history file contents.

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 10:20:50 UTC 2006

Christiaan den Besten wrote...

> > Indeed. What's your storage method? Your "groupbaseexpiry" setting in
> > inn.conf and your expire.ctl?
>
> ---
> grep "groupba" inn.conf
> groupbaseexpiry:        true
> ---
> grep -vE "^#|^$" expire.ctl
> /remember/:1
> *:A:90:90:90

I understand correctly your storade ist tradspool?

For reasons I forgot tradspool and "groupbaseexpiry: true" don't go
together. Set it to false, review expire.ctl and try another expire run.

> >> Is there any way to 'validate' the contents of the history file ...
> >> too see if it doesn't contain entries of articles that are no longer
> >> on the spool
> >
> > You can extract the token from the history file and ask sm whether the
> > article is really still present.
>
> How do I do that?

See the history file and the manpage for history. There's no magic with
it. And: If you're really using tradspool, just browse the directories.

    Christoph

PS: No need to Cc: me, I read the list :)