Problem with buffindexed - which overview-format to choose?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 30 22:46:14 UTC 2006

Marc Stürmer <mail at marc-stuermer.de> writes:

> And which format for overview would you recommend to use for a
> full-textonly-feed?

tradindexed, which should be able to handle that traffic volume just fine
and which is the most heavily tested of the overview methods and has the
best recovery tools at present.

> What's the benefit of the BDB-backend and how stable is it?

It's faster than tradindexed, but isn't as widely used.  BerkeleyDB also
likes changing their database format with every release, which makes it a
bit more annoying.