Last call for 2.4.3 problems

Ulrich Schmid schmid at switch.ch
Tue Jan 17 12:05:13 UTC 2006

on 13/1/06 20:02 Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm not at all sure that my messages are going through, and I seem to only
> be getting mail from the list intermittantly.  But let's see if this makes
> it through.
>
> I've been running 2.4.3 for a while on one of my systems, and it seems
> generally okay.  I'm therefore planning on making the release official.
> Has anyone else run into any problems?  (I'll respond to Jeff's message in
> just a moment.)

I observed a significant performance loss with 2.4.3 compared to 2.4.1.
Trying 2.4.2 I saw the same problem.
Obviously this is caused by history functions (history sync/write etc),
since they take longer and history disk I/O increased.

I'm using Debian Linux and INN is configured with large-file support und
 hisv6 hismethod.

Regards
Ulrich