Last call for 2.4.3 problems

Kevin kkadow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:32:49 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
> I'm not at all sure that my messages are going through, and I seem to only
> be getting mail from the list intermittantly.  But let's see if this makes
> it through.
>
> I've been running 2.4.3 for a while on one of my systems, and it seems
> generally okay.  I'm therefore planning on making the release official.
> Has anyone else run into any problems?  (I'll respond to Jeff's message in
> just a moment.)

No major problems.

Under OpenBSD (3.7), "make test" still fails:
Failed Set                 Fail/Total (%) Skip Stat  Failing Tests
-------------------------- -------------- ---- ----  ------------------------
lib/date                      4/94     4%    0    0  83-84, 86-87
lib/setenv                    0/0      0%    0    4  aborted

And:

% cd tests/lib
% ./date.t
94
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6
ok 7
ok 8
ok 9
ok 10
ok 11
ok 12
ok 13
ok 14
ok 15
ok 16
ok 17
ok 18
ok 19
ok 20
ok 21
ok 22
ok 23
ok 24
ok 25
ok 26
ok 27
ok 28
ok 29
ok 30
ok 31
ok 32
ok 33
ok 34
ok 35
ok 36
ok 37
ok 38
ok 39
ok 40
ok 41
ok 42
ok 43
ok 44
ok 45
ok 46
ok 47
ok 48
ok 49
ok 50
ok 51
ok 52
ok 53
ok 54
ok 55
ok 56
ok 57
ok 58
ok 59
ok 60
ok 61
ok 62
ok 63
ok 64
ok 65
ok 66
ok 67
ok 68
ok 69
ok 70
ok 71
ok 72
ok 73
ok 74
ok 75
ok 76
ok 77
ok 78
ok 79
ok 80
ok 81
ok 82
not ok 83
  wanted 972808200 seen 972811800
  001029 013000 1
not ok 84
  wanted 972808200 seen 972811800
  20001029 013000 1
ok 85
not ok 86
  wanted 972809999 seen 972813599
  001029 015959 1
not ok 87
  wanted 972809999 seen 972813599
  20001029 015959 1
ok 88
ok 89
ok 90
ok 91
ok 92
ok 93
ok 94
% ./setenv.t
./setenv.tr: rtld mmap failed mapping /usr/lib/libc.so.34.2.
./setenv.tr: rtld mmap failed mapping /usr/lib/libc.so.34.2.
./setenv.tr: can't load library 'libc.so.34.2'
% exit

I realize that this is a cosmetic error, the application actually does
run fine under OpenBSD.  Perhaps a note to that effect is in order?

Kevin