Silly inode question

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 25 04:12:21 UTC 2006

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> Russ, do I remember rightly that tradindexed stashes inode data away
> somewhere?  If we upgrade hard drives and copy stuff all around, change
> filesystems, rearrange partitions, etc, is news going to break horribly?

It does store the inode data, but it uses it only to know when it should
reopen the index because expire was running.  If it sees an inode
mismatch, it reopens the index, and then if it still sees an inode
mismatch, it shrugs, logs an error, and continues.

tdx-util -F will clean up all the mismatches when you feel like running
it.