change the servername possible ?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 19 17:25:19 UTC 2007

Dieter Bloms <dieter at bloms.de> writes:

> I have to change the servername for organizational reason.
> Is it possible, or do I have to setup a new sever and fedd all articles
> to the new server ?

You can basically just change pathhost in inn.conf and restart innd and
that changes the server identity from the perspective of the rest of the
world.  However, the old server name will persist in articles already on
disk in their Path headers and Xref headers.  If that's a problem, there
are more complicated things that INN supports; let us know if you need a
pointer in that direction.