INND Articles missing

Howard Yuen howard.yuen at tumbleweed.com
Fri Apr 27 16:37:40 UTC 2007

Dear INN-workers,

We have been using INND as a newsgroup server for archiving email
conversation for awhile (several years).  About few months ago we
encounter a problem where new newsgroup are no longer displaying new
articles (they exist in the directory).  After talking to Russ, it was
recommended the issue maybe on the OS level.  So I built up a SUSE 9
system and  copied all the articles & active & /etc/aliases & newsgroups
files, then ran "makehistory -b -O" to  rebuild the overview.  I am able
to see the missing articles now.  However, new incoming articles are now
not getting into the /var/spool/news/articles folder since the
migration.  I checked all the logs there was no error or rejection
anywhere!  The /var/log/mail shows the mail were converted to
mailpost.....Please help.

Howard

PS. We are using tradindex.

"Tumbleweed E-mail Firewall <tumbleweed.com>" made the following
 annotations on 04/27/07, 09:47:17
=== Tumbleweed Communications Disclaimer ===

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

Tumbleweed is the industry leading pure play messaging security vendor. We provide the most comprehensive solution for both inbound/outbound email and file transfer needs. The most security conscious corporations rely on our solutions to solve their messaging security needs.