Art size logging

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Aug 4 08:07:26 UTC 2007

Last time this message was answered, lacave.net was under its annual
maintenance...

> By the way, I was also testing another patch in the stats reporting
> area, which I posted some time ago on nsn newsgroup :
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<7ec06b0x6z4c.dlg at ballantines.lacave.local>

%%
I'll give it a try.  By the way, I'm also working on the generation of
stats, and I've implemented this :

http://news.lacave.net/inn/status.diff

It adds a config directive (logstats) that makes innd send it's incoming
stats to syslog, in the same format than the channel closing message
(and including a 'ME' line with the totals), every <status> seconds.

I first considered processing the inn_status.html file, but it had two
flaws : it's lots of work and processing, and the sizes where
"prettified", meaning it lacked precision.
%%

> It's been tested, and works as advertised.  Any thoughts on it ?

I believe it is a good idea.  It is a good feature which was missing
as for logging.
I will commit it within a couple of days if nobody here is against it.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Je n'aime pas être chez moi. À tel point que lorsque je vais chez quelqu'un