64-bit inn and bitmap weirdness

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Sat Aug 4 15:15:51 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

No, I have not yet found any solution, nor received any input from anyone
about this issue. We have it on 20+ servers, so it is no 'hardware
weirdness' or anything of the likes. Offcourse, all servers have an
identical setup, but the running 32bit and 64bit servers use the same kernel
source and inn source ... which is the 'base' of any installation I would
suppose.

We use TB sized cnfs 'files' on our 32bit servers as well, just not so many
:)

One significant difference might be the size of the history file. These are
our first servers where the history file is >4Gb in size.

I was wondering whether to start 'logging' the 'cnfs write position' of the
received new articles to some log file .. these should have a nice
'increased only until rotated' line, but have not yet patched the source for
this. I was hoping a little bit that some of the other 64 bit users might
have seen this issue before me :)

bye,
Chris