INN commit: trunk/control (perl-nocem.in)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 4 19:05:38 UTC 2007

> I see that the file is licensed under the terms of the GNU General
> Public License.  Is that change OK for Miquel and Marco?
> [I will otherwise revert the change.]
> Is there anything else I need to do in order comply with the license?

You don't need permission to apply patches.  You do need to note the date
of changes made to the file by other people at the top of the file to
fully comply with the GPL.  (I don't know to what degree Miquel and Marco
care about that, but it's good practice to follow whenever you see a
GPL-covered file since some people do care.)

    a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
    stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

> By the way, can I also improve the perl-nocem.in POD documentation?

Likewise here, the license doesn't require you ask permission as long as
you note the change in the file, but it is, of course, polite.  :)