enhance checkgroups handling

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 16 12:42:52 UTC 2007

En réponse à Bill Davidsen :
> Since supernews and giganews carried most of these groups, I guess they were "publicly accessible."

Sure.  And christnet.* newsgroups are also listed in ftp.isc.org.

> The point is that it's very desirable to have better documentation to allow required use of PGP. It needs to be usable by an
> amoeba running Windows 95.

I see on their web sites:
* Python for Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP
  (even Python for DOS)

* GnuPG for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP

so I believe it is right (they also work for Windows Vista as far as
I can tell).

> A dyslexic amoeba...

I was not able to find that information :)
But, well, I have serious doubts!

(And you also have to assume that these amoebae understand English
so as to be able to read the documentation...)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Qui donc aima jamais, qui n'aima tout de suite ? » (Métrodore)