enhance checkgroups handling

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 16 22:34:52 UTC 2007

En réponse à Russ Allbery :
> I had some
> dream of making it possible (if not required) to use the inn.conf /
> readers.conf / innfeed.conf configuration syntax for everything

It would surely be more homogeneous.

group pgpsigned {
    group big8 {
        from: "..."
        newsgroups: "comp.*|..."
        action: "verify..."
    }
    group fr {
    }
}

group other {
}

I am not sure how to deal with "message" (three nested message groups in
the big8 group otherwise).
It will match in order (since the "search" function realizes a depth-first
search) except if the tree is "reversed".

> but that's a lot of work.

Is there already a Perl parser for such INN config files?  Or an existing
Perl module?  It would be good not to rewrite controlchan in C...
And also not to have to maintain several parsers...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Si ça n'a pas fait boum, c'est peut-être le succès ? » (Astérix)